Cellist Lynn Harrell performed at the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth on Oct. 8, 2019, opening Matinee Musicale's 2019-20 season. Listen to the full concert recording from the comfort of your home.
Harrel's recital came just five days after he played for the gala opening of Carnegie Hall's new season and six months before his death at 76 in April. His visit to Duluth which also included a masterclass, film screening and concerto performance with the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra coincided with the anniversary of a recital that his father, baritone Mack Harrell, gave for Matinee Musicale at the Pilgrim Congregational Church on Oct. 5, 1948.
Listen now to one of the world's great cello masters during his final season on the stage.
• Ludwig van Beethoven: 7 Variations on Mozart's "Bei Mannern, welche Liebe fuhlen,"
• Robert Schumann: Adagio and Allegro
• Anton Webern: Three Little Pieces
• J. S. Bach: Cello Suite No. 3 in C Major
• Sergei Rachmaninoff: Sonata in G minor