Need ideas for easy and fun at-home music learning? Here's our daily Classical Kids Music Lesson.
It's Friday! Celebrate with a dance party.
Target age range: all ages
Dancing is a great way to help your body find those steady beats. Here are a handful of pieces to get you started.
1. Start off with Quincy Jones' take on bossa nova, a popular style of Brazilian music:
2. Next try some calypso, with Harry Belafonte and Day-O:
3. Here's Sam Cooke, Everybody Loves to Cha Cha Cha:
4. Then it's time for Dancing in the Street, with Martha and the Vandellas:
5. How about Land of 1000 Dances, by Wilson Pickett? You'll need lots of energy for this one:
6. Every good party must come to an end. Here's one to dance out with:
Have a question or suggestion? Contact Katie Condon, music education specialist.