Past Class Notes Artists, please apply here instead.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019-20 Class Notes Artist program! Deadline for submitting is March 25, 2019.
About Class Notes Artists
The Class Notes Artists program at Classical MPR brings educational music performances to young and diverse audiences in Minnesota's schools, creating authentic and transformative live-music experiences. Each artist or ensemble is selected for outstanding musicianship and the ability to provide an excellent quality, standards-based presentation. In addition to school visits, Artists record audio or video in Minnesota Public Radio's Maud Moon Weyerhaeuser Music Studio and work with Classical MPR's curriculum specialist to create curricula for the program. The curriculum specialist will advise artists on how to incorporate diverse and age-appropriate content into their program and coach Artists in successful delivery methods for their presentations. Some Artists will be selected to do a performance chat next winter with a Classical MPR host to talk about their experience in schools.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 25, 2019. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with the Class Notes: Artists team at Classical MPR.
• Minnesota-based ensemble (The program is not exclusive to the Twin Cities).
• Scheduling flexibility during weekdays.
• Willingness to work in partnership with MPR to incorporate music learning, concepts, and diversity into performances and presentations.
• Willingness to work in partnership with MPR on program logistics and scheduling in a timely manner. (Response within 24 hours unless other arrangements have been made). Artist must be able to meet deadlines for information and content. Performance content outline will be due in mid-May 2019.
• Program is generally for elementary-age students, but Artists should be able to flex program delivery and content for middle or high school audiences if necessary. (Artists will be given prior notice if this is needed)
Preferred:Prior experience giving educational performances.
How to applyClassical Minnesota Public Radio
Music for Learning
2019-20 Class Notes: Artists Application DUE MARCH 25, 2019
This application is for NEW Artists only. If you have done the Class Notes Artist program previously, please apply here instead.
Please provide the following:
RecordingPlease provide a high-quality audio sample of your ensemble in performance.
Option A) Mail a CD with track listing to:
Claire Philpott, Education Coordinator
Classical Minnesota Public Radio
480 Cedar Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
Option B: Email an MP3 or WAV file to Claire Philpott.
If you are a previous Class Notes Artist reapplying for a position, you do not need to provide audio.
Contact Education Coordinator Claire Philpott.