Applications are now being accepted for the 2017-18 Class Notes Artist program! Deadline for submitting is March 27, 2017.
About Class Notes Artists
The Class Notes: Artists program at Classical MPR brings educational music performances to young and diverse audiences in Minnesota's elementary schools, creating authentic and transformative live-music experiences for them. Each artist or ensemble is selected for outstanding musicianship and a commitment to bring music to children where they learn on a daily basis. Artists also record in Classical MPR's Maud Moon Weyerhaeuser Music Studio; selections from these sessions make up the 2017-18 Class Notes: Artists* compilation album given to every participating student. Artists will do a performance chat next winter with a Classical MPR host to talk about their experience in schools. Artists work with Classical MPR's curriculum specialist to create curricula for teachers' in-classroom use that cover both pre- and post-performance topics. In addition, the curriculum specialist will advise artists on how to incorporate diverse and age-appropriate content into their program and coach artists in successful delivery methods for their presentations.
• Minnesota-based (program is not exclusive to the Twin Cities)
• Scheduling flexibility during weekdays
• Willingness to work in partnership with MPR to incorporate music learning, concepts, and diversity into performances and presentations
• Willingness to work in partnership with MPR on program logistics and scheduling in a timely manner
• Prior experience giving educational performances
• Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 27, 2017. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with the Class Notes: Artists team at Classical MPR.
The 2016-17 Class Notes Artists program will proceed pending funding.
RecordingPlease provide a high quality audio sample of your ensemble in performance.
Option A) Mail a CD with track listing to:
Claire Philpott, Education Coordinator
Classical Minnesota Public Radio
480 Cedar Street
St. Paul, MN 55101
Option B: Email an MP3 or .wav to Claire Philpott.
If you are a previous Class Notes Artist re-applying for a position, you do not need to provide audio.
Contact Education Coordinator Claire Philpott.
Class Notes Artists are made possible in part by the Minnesota Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.