In the run-up to Valentine's Day, we asked you what musical selections articulate feelings of love. Lyrical melodies, operatic voices soaring aloft, heartfelt words set to memorable music for many a listener, these are the sounds of romance.
We've tallied your votes, and on Friday, Feb. 13, Steve Staruch counts down your top 10 "love-ly" music selections during Friday Favorites.
Here is the list of your top 10 "romance" pieces as voted by you:
- Tchaikovsky Romeo and Juliet: Love Theme
- Rachmaninoff Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini: 18th Variation
- Leo Delibes Lakme: Flower Duet
- Leonard Bernstein West Side Story: Somewhere
- Jules Massenet Thais: Méditation
- Giacomo Puccini La Bohème: O soave fanciulla
- Giacomo Puccini Gianni Schicchi: O mio babbino caro
- Camille Saint-Saëns Samson and Delilah: Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix (My heart at thy sweet voice)
- George Gershwin Love Is Here to Stay
- Aram Khachaturian Spartacus: Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia