This week on Top Score, I get schooled on 8- and 16-bit era music from Brent Weinbach, one of the hosts of The Legacy Music Hour podcast.
You'd think I'd have extensive knowledge of the older games, as I'm of the generation that grew up with arcades, Ataris, and eventually, Nintendo Entertainment Systems.
However, here's a tale from my childhood: My mother took my Atari away from me, and not because I was playing too much (although I'm sure that would've followed), but because I got angry with a game and threw my controller.
That was the end of video gaming for me for a very long time.
Brent's enthusiasm for 8- and 16-bit era music is rather contagious.
- Metroid - Title
- Super Mario Bros. - Overworld Theme
- The Legend of Zelda - Labyrinth Theme
- Wario Land Shake It - Foulwater Falls
- Eschatos - Silver Lining
- Wario Land Shake It - Whoopsy Desert
- Super Mario Bros. - Underwater Theme
- Mega Man - Wily Stages 1 + 2
- Super Mario Land - World 1, 3
- Gunstar Heroes - Dice Dance Days
- Puyo Puyo Tsu - Area A
- Rockman & Forte - Pirate Man Stage
- Super Nazo Puyo 2 - Overworld
- Rad Racer - Theme
- Kirby's Adventure - Title Theme
- Metroid - Brinstar
- Castlevania - Stage 2
- Castlevania - Stage 1 (Vampire Killer)
- Sim City - Opening
- Tetris - C-Type
- Dr. Mario - Chill
- Super Mario Land - Ending